Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blog Post #4

To be honest, I didn't really like any of the stories that I read, but of the ones that I did, I suppose this is my favorite http://www.npr.org/2011/03/20/134683310/post-holiday-blues

I think it's interesting that the author chose to write about such a mundane event as a fight between a couple. Fights like this happen all of the time, but obviously it meant a little something more to the author than any old fight. 

I also like that the subject of the fight is over him doing two things, 1) Not doing something that he knows is his job, 2) Being too lazy to take down the Christmas tree. Both of these are two very normal things to be fighting about. What struck me, was that he just got up and left after a mild fight about the Christmas tree. 

I also liked the ending. The magnitude of the event was lost on her until she realized that he had taken the dog. To me, it makes it seem as though she really cared about the dog more than she cared about him, whom I assume is he significant other.

No comments:

Post a Comment